Monday, April 11, 2011

It’s Official!!

We have decided we are going to start trying for baby #3 this summer! I'm beyond excited! We have been back and forth on this issue for a while - and by back and forth, I mean me begging and pleading to start sooner rather than later - so we came to a compromise. We will begin the process this July/August. I got bitten by the baby bug shortly after I had Max. I went through a dark time with postpartum depression and decided that if I had to go through this every time I had a baby that I never wanted to do it again. I quickly changed my mind once I was on the road to recovery. We decided that we will just take proactive steps to help deal with the PPD early on, because the odds are stacked against me. I have had it with both boys, so I will more than likely have it again. Some people are just predisposed to this stuff, and unfortunately, I think I am one of them - but I will not let it stop me from having another sweet baby. (I'm hoping we have a girl)

I have always imagined us being a family of 5: Dad, Mom, 3 kids (and 2 dogs). I'm not sure I would feel complete without another child. Don’t get me wrong - I’m incredibly happy with the family I have, but I think that I would always have an empty spot if we decided not to have another. I seriously have this overwhelming desire to be pregnant again… it’s crazy. I guess that's what they call the biological clock ticking.

It only took us 3 months to conceive Max, so I am hoping that it happens quickly again. We decided that I will start following my the ovulation schedule and try to get it down before we start trying. We got the go-ahead from our wonderful Doctor and are really looking forward to having him deliver another baby. Jordin is really excited at the idea of another sibling, although he told us that there are no girls allowed, only boys. He also mentioned the idea of me having two boys this time, and I told him he had lost his marbles. I would freak out if we had twins - I think my husband would have a heart attack. I'm so excited to be hopefully adding another baby to our family. I am looking forward to the journey, and I'm actually excited to be pregnant this time. I know - I have lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment