Tuesday, March 8, 2011

All purpose cleaner

I set a goal for my self last year that I would become a chemical free household by 2011…much to my dismay that has not completely happened yet, so I have been on a mission to do so.

Today I made an easy all purpose cleaner made from  borax and white vinegar or you can use baking soda if you do not have borax. It works wonders and it makes me feel better knowing what I am cleaning with. I works so well and I like it so much I thought I would share the formula mixture.

I used a 1/2 of cup of white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of borax ( or 1/4 cup of baking soda). Mix into into 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water. Store and keep. Use in shower for water stains, chrome fixtures, mirrors, tile floors , etc.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Make sure to keep all home-made formulas well-labeled, and out of the reach of children.

1 comment:

  1. I love these too! Vinegar is a staple in my house along with baking soda. I have the Borax but honestly don't use it much. But just FYI, when you mix vinegar and baking soda they basically break down into water. It works great for generating bubbles to clear a drain, etc. But if you mix them it should be for using right then, if you store you are basically just storing water.

    I've been wanting to attempt to make my own laundry soap but that one just scares me, LOL. Plus, I don't have a place to store a giant bucket of home made soap.

    ReplyDelete