Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My blog is a work in progress

I have been a little lazy on blog posting lately. I decided to go ahead and buy the domain for BecauseMommySaysSo.com. I figure I plan on doing this for awhile so I better scoop up the name while I can. I think that it looks so much better with a .com instead of .blogspot.com

Any-who..this has put a little wrench in my blog posting. I have a few written I want to post, but I am trying to wait until my DH gets it into gear and makes me a cool new blog :) He is the best when it comes to design. He has been so busy and I have been kind of dragging my feet at picking a template. He unfortunately wants me to pick a premade template to get it up and going until he can get time to build me a custom one. I do not want to settle on a premade one…Not that there aren't some great ones out there but I feel like this is my blog and I want it to reflect me and who I am. Not what some one else is. I know that it’s temporary, but I’m not sure how long temporary is in my husbands world. He is very busy at work and is on the computer all day, so when he comes home the computer is the last place he wants to be unless he is getting paid for it. So how do I bring this to my DH’s attention that this is super important to me and I want him to make me a kick ass blog design now?? You know, without sounding to demanding. I guess I can’t really…So I will probably continue to write a few blogs and just not post them like I have been, or I just post them here and transfer them over later. We will see I guess. Maybe my DH will read this blog post and decide that it would be so sweet to make his awesome wife a really cool blog :)

2 comments:

  1. Girly, you can keep blogger as the host and switch it to your own domain name. I would do it sooner than later if I were you. Google can't see your background and design but it can see your domain name and your content. So, that being said, even if it isn't how you want it to be, if you own the domain name switch it now and get to posting. ;) It will make a difference in your blog being found in searches and hopefully get a Page Rank sooner than later. They take forever to update Page Ranks, I STILL don't have one if that gives you an idea. Like 6mo to a year. And if that all sounds cryptic and confusing we can chat, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and if I'm coming across as an annoying know-it-all just say so. You won't hurt my feelings, promise. Just trying to help you out. :)

    ReplyDelete